2016/17 – Sport industry awards recognise best of the best.
26 July 2016
The best of the best in Western Australia’s sport and recreation industry have been recognised at an awards breakfast today at the State Reception Centre in Kings Park.
Sport and Recreation Minister Mia Davies said the calibre of nominees and finalists was impressive and showcased the exciting work being done in the industry. The Sport and Recreation Industry Awards were judged across 10 categories covering participation, volunteer support, community and professional events, and infrastructure planning and design.
“Our industry continues to grow and have a positive impact on the community because its people are thinking outside the box and inspiring large numbers of volunteers to become part of the sport and recreation family,” Ms Davies said.
– Commitment to Participation Award –
– Coolbinia Bombers Junior Football Club (Starkick Program) –
- Organisational Excellence Award – Gymnastics Western Australia
- Places and Spaces: Planning and Design Award – City of Gosnells (Mills Park Project)
- Heart Foundation (Healthy Active by Design) – Supporting Volunteers Award
– Western Australian Cricket Association (WACA Volunteer Management Framework) and – Denmark Basketball Association (Give2Sport)
- Regional Excellence Award – Ngurra Kujungka
- Event of the Year Award: Professional – Triathlon WA (SunSmart Busselton Festival of Triathlon)
- Event of the Year Award: Community – Inclusion WA (City of Bayswater: Have a Go Day)
- Innovation in Practice Award – City of Armadale (U Fit – Park Edition)
- Women in Sport and Recreation Award – Motorcycling Western Australia (Motorcycling Western Australian Women Program)
- True Sport Award – Netball WA (Multicultural Netball Carnival)
- John Graham Award – Jeff Fondacaro and Mike Allenby
- Minister’s Award for Industry Excellence – City of Gosnells
Categorised in: News
This post was written by Coolbinia Bombers